Technology is everywhere nowadays, and it is hard to look around without seeing at least one or two examples of things that need to be plugged in. The most obvious might be your phone, which not only needs to be plugged in but is likely to have a charger based around a USB plug. Therefore, being able to plug your devices in matters.
If you’re in a hurry, here’s our top 3 quick picks for the best meat tenderizer tools of 2021:
Selecting a USB Power Strip
Finding the perfect power strip with USB ports doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, you can select almost any power strip that has USB ports and get something that will work. However, there are some things to consider if you’re looking for the best power strips with USB ports. Here are some of the things that were considered.
- Number of Outlets and Ports: Whether you are talking about AC outlets or USB ports, the number matters. While more doesn’t always mean better, there needs to be a decent balance between versatility and the actual number of outlets and ports.
- Safety: Safety is vital, especially where short-circuiting and other electrical issues are concerned. Therefore, even if there is no surge protection, every product needs to have a minimum level of safety requirements to be considered.
- Size: Size is another important factor. While there are certain instances where larger power strips are fine, there is also a decent chance that people looking for a power strip have a specific space in mind. Therefore, various sizes, compact and not, were considered and placed on the list.
The two main things to keep in mind are safety and the presence of outlets and ports. Beyond that, it is up to the individual to figure out what they need. Fortunately, this list will help anyone unsure of what they need.
There are plenty of options out there when it comes to power strips with USB ports. In fact, it can be a bit overwhelming. However, this list has some of the best choices on the market, from those that are meant to be compact to bulkier power strips meant for a larger-than-average load.
Anker Power Strip with USB
The Anker power strip with USB is one of the best choices out there for someone looking for convenience and power. Not only does it have three outlets and three USB ports, but it comes in a unique cube design that is compact and highly portable. Additionally, with the choice between a five-foot and eight-foot cord, it is easy to use.
This power strip with USB is more than just compact and convenient. It also has overload protection to ensure that any devices plugged in are protected, including those placed in the USB ports. There is even an increase in charging capability when using this product, which allows you to save up to an hour when charging some USB devices.
- Has a 7-point safety system to protect devices
- Is compact and highly portable
- Makes charging a breeze
- Has three AC slots and three USB slots
- Power switch turns off with brief power outages
- The design can be inconvenient for some setups
Bototek Power Strip with 10 AC Outlets and 4 USB Charging Ports
The Bototek surge protector is a versatile power strip that can serve almost any need. While it is bulkier in design, it has ten AC outlets and four USB ports, allowing you to charge many devices in one place. Additionally, two of the AC outlets have more space than others, allowing you to plug in a few bulky AC plugs without wasting space.
On top of having plenty of space, the power strip has a six-foot extension cord and provides a great deal of overload protection. Not only does it turn off if an overload is occurring, but it has an advanced circuit design for optimal protection. If that isn’t enough, it has built-in heat protection and flame retardant casting.
- Superior protection against various problems
- Has ten AC plugs and four USB ports
- Smart USB charging station
- Bulkier than some other options
Amazon Basics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with 2 USB Ports
Amazon Basics are products created to deliver exactly what you need without any additional frills. Therefore, you know exactly what you’re getting with their power strip with USB. You will find yourself with a sturdy, basic power strip with six AC outlets and two USB ports for all of your plug-in needs.
The Amazon Basics power strip with USB also comes with basic surge protection, giving you the same overload protection as other brands. This power strip comes in both black and white, and even though both have the same streamlined design, they deliver exactly what you need with Amazon’s quality guarantee.
- Has six AC outlets and two USB ports
- Comes with a surface-mounting template
- Great price for a quality product
- Streamlined design means no extra features
- Made out of cheaper materials
Addtam Power Strip Surge Protector with 6 Outlets and 3 USB Ports
The Addtam power strip with USB ports is different from the Amazon Basics model. While there are no advanced options on this model, there are some great quality-of-life features. Of course, the basic outlets and USB ports are there, with six and three being present respectively, but the little things make this power strip impressive.
This power strip has your basic surge protection and smart USB charging ports, meaning everything you plug into it is secure and working at its best. Additionally, the power strip has a generous five-foot cable, widely-spaced AC outlets, and an angled flat plug that won’t get in your way when plugging it into the wall. It can even be mounted.
- Has smart USB charging ports
- Has powerful surge protection
- The plug is angled and flat
- Can be mounted on a wall
- Has six widely-spaced outlets
- Not a very mobile power strip
JSVER USB Power Strip
The JSVER power strip with USB ports is another design that is perfect for those who travel or want something small and portable. The cube design makes it easy to take with you and gives it plenty of room for plugging things in despite the small amount of space it takes up. In fact, it has three AC outlets and three USB ports.
The best part about this power strip is that the cube and all the included outlets and ports come in a package smaller than a Rubik cube. Additionally, the JSVER power strip can be purchased in two different colors: black and white. It also has a five-foot cord, so you can rest assured that it will fit almost anywhere.
- Compact and portable design
- Has three AC outlets and three USB ports
- Provides overload and short-circuit protection
- Does not have a built-in surge protector
- The design can be awkward in certain situations
One Beat Power Strip with USB Ports
This One Beat power strip provides everything you want without taking up too much space. First, it has three AC outlets for standard plugs and three of your basic USB ports. However, it also has a USB-C port for those who are looking to plug something specific in. The best part is that the ports utilize smart charging.
With smart charging, the USB ports charge connected devices up to 30% faster. It is even compatible with most devices, meaning you don’t have to worry when plugging in your favorite devices. Additionally, the cord is five feet long and braided to reduce deformation and increase durability.
- Right-angled plug design for better shared space
- Has a durable braided cord
- Charges quickly using smart USB technology
- Has three standard USB-A ports and one USB-C port
- Does not have a surge protector
One Beat Power Strip with 2 Outlets and 3 USB Charging Ports
One Beat has more than a single great power strip, and this power strip is a definite winner for anyone that wants something small and portable. The power strip only comes with two AC outlets, but it has three USB ports and has a compact design for those wanting something for a small space or easy to travel with.
The convenient design choices do not stop there. This power strip also has a right-angled flat plug and a braided five-foot cord. Additionally, the shell is made out of fireproof material, meaning you will get safety and longevity with a convenient design. If you are looking for something to travel with, you can’t go wrong here.
- Plug is flat and right-angled
- Has a braided extension cord
- Compact and portable design
- Made with a fireproof shell
- Has no surge protection
- Limited plug-in space
SUPERDANNY USB Power Strip Surge Protector
Few power strips with USB ports come close to matching this one. The SUPERDANNY product not only comes with four AC outlets and four USB ports, but it has every feature you want in a power strip. The first thing you might notice is that it has widely-spaced AC outlets, ensuring that almost everything you want to plug in will fit.
The power strip also has smart USB ports, making charging quick and efficient. If that wasn’t enough, it comes with built-in surge protection and various other safety precautions to protect your power strip from any number of electric and heat issues. You can even get this power strip in multiple colors, with around ten options to choose from.
- Comes with superior safety precautions
- Has four AC outlets and four USB ports
- Has widely-spaced outlets
- Has smart USB charging ports
- Not as suitable for high-output devices
Mifaso Power Strip with USB
This Mifaso power strip with USB ports is another great example of a powerful power strip coming in a compact size. With the power strip’s longest side measuring just over four inches, you can put it almost anywhere. It is also great for traveling, being easy to take with you. You’ll even get three AC outlets and three USB ports with the small size.
The power strip also has smart USB ports, allowing you to charge devices plugged into the ports up to 30% faster. There is also the ability to mount the power strip with the mounting holes on the back. Then, if you need more of a reason, you can consider the right-angled flat plug and the braided extension cord.
- Compact and easy to take with you
- Smart USB ports for faster charging
- Right-angled flat plug
- Braided extension cord
- Does not provide surge protection
Bototek Power Strip with 4 AC Outlets and 4 USB Charging Ports
This Bototek power strip is a smaller version of one of the best power strips with USB ports on this list. While it looks simple, it’s made with quality materials and does exactly what you want a power strip to do. For starters, while it has four AC outlets, there is one outlet that is spaced very far away from the others, making it perfect for large plugs.
The USB ports are also great, being smart USB ports and providing superior charging compared to ordinary ports. It even has superior safety features, helping with a variety of things, from overloads and lightning to short-circuiting. Even though this power strip is not the most compact, it comes with a classic design and has a six-foot cable.
- Has superior built-in protection
- Smart USB ports means faster charging
- Has four AC outlets and four USB ports
- Longer and bulkier than some other options
How to Shop for Power Strips With USB Ports
Shopping for a power strip with USB ports is quite simple since you only have to ask yourself a few questions. Just consider these things when shopping to ensure you get a product that will work for you:
- Needed Outlets and Ports: How many AC outlets and USB ports do you need? Answering that question will instantly reduce your options and make it easier to find the best product for you.
- Preferred Size: Are you traveling? Do you want to fit the power strip in a certain area? You’ll want to consider the place you want to put it and how well it will fit there. If you don’t have much room or travel a lot, you might consider a compact design.
- Safety Features: Do you need surge protection? If so, you’ll have narrowed down your options quite a bit, especially if you want something you can travel with since many do not have surge protection.
Once you have figured out the above, you will likely know which power strip with USB slots to purchase. Even if you have not, the options are likely to be much fewer.
There are a lot of choices out there when it comes to power strips with USB ports. While you might have found what you want on the list already, if not, just consider how many outlets and USB ports you need, make sure it will fit where you need it, and ensure that it has the safety you require.
Other Accessories You May Need for Your Home Office
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.